Spanish Preterite vs. Imperfect Paired and Group Listening and Speaking Activities: Nine activities: Students practice the Spanish preterite and imperfect tenses as they listen, underline, act out, draw, speak, write complete sentences, write stories, ask and answer questions, and sing in partners or in groups. The students move from recognition to production.
Spanish Preterite vs. Imperfect Speaking and Listening Activities include the following resources:
- Board Game for vocabulary related to the imperfect tense: Students listen to the description or sentence, run to the board, and touch the appropriate word
- Charades and Pictionary competitions: Students act out and draw the sentences they hear.
- Paired Activity in which students read the fairy tale and underline the verbs in the imperfect tense in one color and the preterite tense in another color – introductory activity for recognition of the two tenses
- PowerPoint competition in which students complete the sentences in the story with either the preterite or the imperfect
- Paired Activity in which students answer the questions, then ask their partners the same questions and record their answers using the vocabulary related to the imperfect tense
- Presentation in Pairs: Students choose a set of drawings and describe the scenes in the preterite with some imperfect
- Paired Activity in which students write, “preterite” or, “imperfect” above each verb in the story to indicate which verb tense would be used if the story were told in English
- PowerPoint answers to the above activity
- Paired Activity in which students complete the fairy tale, “Ricitos de oro y los tres osos” by writing in the verbs, either in the preterite or imperfect, then writing their own version of what happened when the bears came home
- Four Student Handouts: Comparemos el pretérito con el imperfecto (Tuve / tenía; pude / podía; quiso / quería; supe / sabía; conocí / conocía); vocabulary list related to one’s childhood, family and imperfect tense
- Song lyrics Ya no quiero por Jesse y Joy
These activities are included in the following money-saving bundle: Spanish Three Paired and Group Speaking Listening Reading Writing Activities
To receive free resources, discounts, and notifications of new products, click on the following link to follow my store: ANGIE TORRE