Dos verbos: How to Use Two Verbs in a Sentence in Spanish PowerPoint and Activities
The formal teaching and practice of the use of two verbs in a sentence greatly increases students’ ability to communicate in Spanish. The 49-slide PowerPoint, “Dos Verbos, ” 19-slide PowerPoint , “Dos verbos competencia” and activities are a complete lesson on how to use two verbs in a sentence in Spanish. Digital versions are included for distance learning.
How to Use Two Verbs in a Sentence in Spanish PowerPoint and Activities include the following resources:
- Comparison between one verb and two in a sentence
- Modeling of infinitives and conjugated verbs and how they work together to form a sentence and a check for understanding
- Demonstration of the stem-changing verbs “poder” and “querer”, high-frequency verbs for this structure and check for understanding
- Comparison between two conjugated verbs in a sentence and one conjugated verb with an infinitive in Spanish and a check for understanding
- Demonstration of common expressions which are exceptions to the rule, (Voy a dormir, acabo de llegar, tengo que estudiar, tengo ganas de bailar)
- Competition which serves as a closure activity
- Practice in which students answer questions using two verbs.
- Competition in which students change a sentence with one verb into a sentence with two verbs in Spanish
- Google Slides digital versions for use in Google Classroom, other Google and digital platforms, and distance learning
- Auto-correcting quiz in which students complete the sentences and translate the sentences using the structure of conjugated verb + infinitive
- The “Dos Verbos” PowerPoint lesson is broken into small, understandable parts with a practice after each explanation.
The accompanying activities/handouts model and practice how to use two verbs in a sentence, (first verb conjugated, second verb, infinitive) and demonstrate the stem-changing conjugations of the high-frequency verbs “poder” and “querer”.
Also included are:
- Common exceptions to the rule
- Practice for the test in which students answer questions in Spanish and translate sentences using two verbs
- Test on how to use two verbs.
- Spanish Dos Verbos Interactive Notebook Activity
All answers are provided.
To receive free resources, discounts, and notifications of new products, click on the following link to follow my store: ANGIE TORRE
OTHER PRODUCTS THAT MAY INTEREST YOU:
For more engaging PowerPoints, activities and ideas, please visit my website: www.bestpowerpointsforspanishclass.com, or my Pinterest Board: http://pinterest.com/asherbody/teaching-resources/
Dos Verbos PowerPoint and Activities by Angie Torre is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
If you would like the accompanying handouts and practices, you may wish to purchase the combination PowerPoint and activities instead. If so, click here: Dos Verbos
For the PowerPoint on how to form questions in Spanish, click here: Spanish Preguntas Power Point
Click here to read about How to Check for Understanding.