These two PowerPoints cover stem-changing verbs for Spanish Two and Three. The Spanish Two 115-slide PowerPoint is a complete lesson on Stem-Changing Verbs / Los verbos que cambian en la raíz. Digital versions included for distance learning.
This “Spanish Stem-Changing Verbs” PowerPoint includes the following:
- A comparison of regular verb conjugations to stem-changing verbs
- an explanation of which syllable changes and a check for understanding
- E-IE verbs with engaging pictures and language in context and frequent checking for understanding of the meaning of the verbs
- Stem-changing verbs for Spanish Two and Three practice with “pensar en, pensar que, pensar de and pensar +infinitivo”
- a brief introduction of reflexive stem-changing verbs and a check for understanding so that students can have high-frequency verbs in their repertoire
- O-UE stem-changing verbs
- E-I stem-changing verbs
- U-UE (jugar) stem-changing verb and practice questions with jugar
- a comparison of “pedir” and “perder” as students tend to confuse them and a check for understanding
- a comparison of volver and devolver and a check for understanding
- conjugation practice
- a closure activity in which students write complete sentences using the stem-changing verbs
- a Stem-changing verbs for Spanish Two and Three bell practice in which students find the error of the ridiculous sentence and write a logical sentence using the stem-changing verbs
- a comparison between the verbs, “pedir” and “preguntar”, examples with comprehensible input, check for understanding and practice
- questions with “pedir” and “preguntar”The verbs taught in this PowerPoint are the following: (o-u) jugar, (i-ie) preferir, cerrar, querer, cerrar, perder, empezar, comenzar, pensar, entender, sentirse, sentarse, divertirse; (o-ue) poder, recordar, morir, devolver, encontrar, volar, contar, dormir, llover, volver, almorzar, (e-i) pedir, seguir, servir, repetir.
The Spanish Three PowerPoint on Stem-Changing Verbs is intended to review and build upon the stem-changing verbs learned in Spanish Two. The PowerPoint begins with a review of the conjugations of the stem-changing verbs; i-ie, o-ue, e-i, and u-ue and continues with pictorial examples of each stem-changing verb in context. Some Spanish Two stem-changing verbs are repeated for the purpose of retention. 15 new verbs are introduced as well.
After every four or five verbs, there is a check for understanding and interaction with the students. The PowerPoint begins by reinforcing the meaning of the verbs, moving from recognition (receptive language) to production by finally requiring the student to write their own sentences with the stem-changing verbs while conjugating and spelling them correctly.
The Stem-changing verbs for Spanish Two and Three PowerPoint includes the following:
- Presentation of the stem-changing verbs, frequent checking for understanding
- an activity in which students choose the correct stem-changing verb in context
- an activity in which students change the incorrect sentence to a correct or logical one
- an activity in which students write a sentence using a synonym of the stem-changing verb
- a conjugation practice of the verbs
You might also be interested in: Stem-Changing Verbs TPR Story
To receive free resources, discounts, and notifications of new products, click on the following link to follow my store: ANGIE TORRE
For more engaging PowerPoints, resources, activities and ideas, please visit my website and blog: Best PowerPoints for Spanish
For Spanish jokes, memes, TPR Stories, and tons of resources and ideas, connect with me on Pinterest: Best PowerPoints Pinterest
OR for a complete list of my products, CLICK HERE My Store
Your students will love the visuals in Stem-changing verbs for Spanish Two and Three PowerPoint
Click here to read about The Challenges of Teaching Spanish Two.