Now that you’ve taught the French Verb ALLER and the Places vocabulary, how will you get your students talking and writing about places and where they go to do certain things? These paired and speaking activities for le verbe ALLER et les ENDROITS help students practice their speaking and writing skills as they ask each other questions and record each other’s answers. Appropriate for middle and high school students
✅ THE FRENCH VERB ALLER AND PLACES VOCABULARY PAIRED AND SPEAKING ACTIVITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING RESOURCES:
⭐️ PLACES IN FRENCH PAIRED SPEAKING ACTIVITY
- Students ask and answer questions about where their partner goes according to the visuals. This is an information-gap activity in which students practice the places vocabulary and the French verb ALLER : Pose les questions à ton partenaire et écris ses réponses sur la ligne.
- For example: Où va Éliane ? Elle va à la pâtisserie.
⭐️ OÙ VAS-TU ? SPEAKING ACTIVITY
- Students ask each other where they go to do certain things and record their partner’s answers. Students answer in the first person and write their partner’s answers in the third person using the French verb ALLER and the vocabulary for places. This activity can also be used as a homework assignment or a practice activity in class.
- For example: Où vas-tu pour chercher un livre ? Je vais à la bibliothèque. Paul va à la bibliothèque.
- Où vas-tu pour nager ? Je vais à la plage. Éliane va à la plage.
⭐️ STUDENT HANDOUTS
- French places student handout with list of 57 places, related expressions and verbs
- French conjugation of ALLER
- Explanation of À + Le = AU and the contraction AUX
- Use in context of the verb ALLER
- Exceptions: Je vais EN France
- Chez vs. au
- Au vs. en
- Conjugation chart for the verbe VENIR
- Explanation of the contractions DU and DES
- Use in context of the verb VENIR: D’où viens-tu ?
To receive freebies and notifications of new products, click on the following link to follow my store: ANGIE TORRE
THIS RESOURCE IS INCLUDED IN THE FOLLOWING MONEY-SAVING BUNDLES:
DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE FEEDBACK SO YOU CAN EARN CREDITS YOU CAN USE ON FUTURE PURCHASES!
OTHER PRODUCTS THAT MAY INTEREST YOU:
Click on the following link to learn how to assess speaking proficiency: Speaking Assessments for World Language