Once students learn how to use two verbs in a sentence, their ability to form sentences and to communicate in French improves greatly. These resources begin with comprehensible input and progress to student production. This bundle includes a PowerPoint on how to use two verbs in a sentence in French, comprehensible input: a PowerPoint and puppet show that use visuals and repetition in context of the two-verb structure, instructions and rubrics for a composition and a dialogue, and student handouts. Google Slides digital versions are included for 1:1 classes and distance learning.
DEUX VERBES USING TWO VERBS IN A SENTENCE IN FRENCH POWERPOINT AND ACTIVITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING RESOURCES:
- DEUX VERBES 53-slide animated PowerPoint on how to use two verbs in a sentence in French with practices: Students learn the following:
~The difference between a conjugated verb and an infinitive
~When to use the conjugated verb and when to use the infinitive
~How to conjugate the verbs POUVOIR, VOULOIR, PRÉFÉRER, ESPÉRER, and DEVOIR
~The conjugation of verbs when there is a word between the two verbs
~The exceptions: Je commence à courir.
~How to form a sentence with two verbs, a conjugated verb and an infinitive
~LE NÉGATIF: How to use two verbs in a negative sentence: Il n’aime pas parler au téléphone.
- 14-slide PowerPoint with visuals and descriptions of the images using two verbs
- DEUX VERBES Using Two Verbs in a Sentence Puppet Dialogue: Marthe and Mathieu talk about the upcoming dance. Mathieu asks Marthe to go with him but she makes excuses and says she can’t. After he tells her she is the most intelligent and prettiest girl in the class, she changes her mind. The dialogue uses many sentences with two verbs: Je voudrais aller ; je ne sais pas danser ; j’aime aller ; je déteste étudier ; j’adore étudier ; tu vas être professeur, etc.
- Deux verbes Dialogue and Sample Dialogue: Student instructions for writing a dialogue. The dialogue must include sentences and questions with two verbs.
- Student Composition and sample composition- Personal Ad: Student instructions on how to write their personal ad. Students must describe themselves and talk about the qualities they are looking for in another person. They must use DES PHRASES AVEC DEUX VERBES. For example : J’espère voyager ; J’aime lire ; J’adore danser ; Tu dois être être gentil ; Tu ne dois pas être paresseux ; etc.
- Rubric for the composition
- Rubric for the dialogue
- STUDENT HANDOUT DEUX VERBES DANS UNE PHRASE
~Students learn how to use a conjugated verb as LE PREMIER VERBE and an infinitive as LE DEUXIÈME VERBE
~Verb conjugation charts for the verbs POUVOIR, VOULOIR, PRÉFÉRER, ESPÉRER, and DEVOIR
~Le négatif : Students learn how to use two verbs in a sentence in negative sentences.
Les exceptions : Verbe + a + l’infinitif with examples ; Verbe + de + l’infinitif with examples
HOW TO USE TWO VERBS IN A SENTENCE IN FRENCH POWERPOINT AND ACTIVITIES ARE INCLUDED IN THE FOLLOWING MONEY-SAVING BUNDLES:
To receive free resources, discounts, and notifications of new products, click on the following link to follow my store: ANGIE TORRE
OTHER PRODUCTS THAT MAY INTEREST YOU:
Want to learn how to tell stories using TPR Storytelling Strategies? Click on the following link: TPRS Storytelling Strategies Tutorial